Chiropractors in Crawley, West Sussex
- Crawley Chiropractic Centre – At Basepoint Centre
- Jean Luc Lafitte Chiropractic Centre – On Station Way
- West Sussex Chiropractic – In Southgate Parade
Chiropractic can be harmful, according to Professor Edzard Ernst in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. He concludes that “Spinal manipulation, particularly when performed on the upper spine, is frequently associated with mild to moderate adverse effects. It can also result in serious complications such as vertebral artery dissection followed by stroke. Currently, the incidence of such events is not known.”
More information about chiropractic:
- Dr Ernst’s website contains many useful articles about chiropractic.
- The Skeptic’s Dictionary gives a good critical account of this controversial subject.
- Subluxations of the spine are the central aspect of chiropractic doctrine.
- Although those who sell chiropractic treatments often use the title of Doctor when marketing their services, they are almost never qualified medical doctors. The Advertising Standards Agency states that “if they do not possess a general medical qualification, advertisers should not call themselves ‘Dr’”.
- Chiropractic’s public reputation was not helped when the British Chiropractic Association unsuccessfully sued a journalist, Simon Singh, who criticised it in print.