Carylls Country House
Carylls, a renovated 15th-century country house in Faygate, contains 30 rooms to let:
Rooms come in a variety of sizes, and feature:
- a single or double bed
- a kitchen area with fridge, microwave, toaster, crockery
- an en-suite bathroom with shower
Carylls has a sizeable car park for guests.
The house is currently being refurbished, and all rooms are clean and modern.
Location and Directions
Carylls Country House is in Faygate. From Crawley,
- Take the A264 towards Horsham
- Follow the signs for Faygate
- Go through the village
- Carylls is on the left, half a mile past the train station.
History of Carylls
John Caryll, a member of the Tudor gentry, lived in Warnham and acquired several manor houses in Sussex and Hampshire, of which Carylls Country House is one (source: A Village in Sussex: the history of Kingston-near-Lewes by Charles Cooper; published by I.B. Tauris, ISBN 978-1845111908).