The new library on Southgate Avenue, directly opposite County Mall, opened in December 2008, replacing the old library on Northgate Avenue.
As well as a traditional library, the new building contains:
- a coffee shop
- a series of computers connected to the internet
- Crawley Register Office, which has its own entrance.
There is a selection of photographs of the new library on Flikr.
- Monday to Friday: 9.00 to 19.00
- Saturday: 9.00 to 17.00
Contact Crawley Library
- General enquiries: 01293 651751
- 24 hour renewals: 01243 642110
- Reference: 01293 651744
- Fax: 01293 511075
Reading Groups and Activities
Crawley Library organises a wide range of literary and cultural activities:
Reading Groups for Adults
- First Tuesday of every month, 19.00 to 20.00
- Third Friday of every month, 11.00 to 12.00
- Large Print & Audio Book Group: the first Monday of every month, 14.00 to 15.00
- 6 Book Challenge Reading Group: ask at the library for more information.
Activities for Young People
- Teen Reading Group: the third Wednesday of every month.
- Headspace evenings for teenagers, on Wednesdays between 18.30 and 20.00, which involve creative writing, arts activities, and more.
- Saturday Storytime, every Saturday during term time between 9.45 and 10.30.
- Homework Club, on Mondays and Thursdays during term time between 16.00 and 18.00 with free internet access and free printing.
- Chatter Books, for 7 to 10 year olds, on the first Wednesday of every month between 16.00 and 17.00: book discussions, quizzes, and other activities.
Other Events and Activities
Many other literary and cultural events take place at Crawley Library, including poetry readings and discussions with authors. See the West Sussex County Council website for up-to-date details.
The Disabled Go website includes information about access to Crawley Library for the disabled.